Applications for this bootcamp are closed.
Please visit our homepage for open bootcamps and subscribe to our email list for all the latest news and programs at NSS.
This bootcamp will be remote (online and synchronous).
Prepare for a Data Science Career
Data Science lies at the intersection of statistics/quantitative analysis, business acumen/domain expertise, and programming/“hacking” skills. 训练营的重点是进行数据科学所需的软件工程技能的实践培训，以及应用必要的统计/数学/分析技能来解决来自广泛问题领域的现实世界问题.
We believe that the Nashville area has an untapped supply of latent talent for data analytical work. But, that talent needs access to accelerated, focused, real-world training. We’ve designed the Data Science Bootcamp to help address this need.
- Hands-on training in software engineering skills required to do data science. Students will learn to apply the Python and R languages to data analytics problems.
- 应用统计/数学/分析技能，解决来自广泛问题领域的现实问题, including: digital marketing, supply chain, healthcare, retail and financial services.
- Hands-on experience applying data engineering skills to sourcing, cleaning, and aggregating data for data science projects. Training on major “Big Data” tools such as Hadoop and Spark, as well as cloud-based data management through services such as AWS.
What You Will Learn
Python and R
Data Science Toolkit
Data Science Process
Managing and Curating Data
Exploratory Data Analysis
SQL, Data Management & Big Data
You’ll be introduced to techniques for working with Big Data in a cloud environment.
Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
- Cost Function
- Optimization techniques
- Linear and logistic regression
- Decision trees
- Classification models
- Recommender systems
Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
- Clustering methods, including K-Means and Affinity Propagation
- PCA & Dimension Reduction
- Anomaly Detection
Natural Language Processing
- Topic identification
- Named Entity Recognition
- Text classification
Data Visualization and Communication
ScheduleTuesday, Thursday, Saturday T/Th: 6PM - 9:30PM | S: 9AM-2PM
LocationThis class is remote.
DatesSeptember 14, 2021 - June 16, 2022
See below for detailed information on payment options, including Opportunity Tuition, Payment Plans, and Financing.
Student prerequisite knowledge/experience
At least 18 years of age
American citizen or legally able to work in the U.S.
Ideal applicants will have experience in quantitative science or programming. 学生将被要求展示之前在数据科学中应用数学技能的培训和/或经验. In particular we will be looking for students with training in statistics/probability. This prior knowledge can be gained through classes, research project experience, work experience, and/or our Statistics for Data Science course.
Personal laptop meeting our hardware requirements. See this blog post for full details of our laptop specs.
感谢DataCamp通过其教育项目与亚游平台合作，支持亚游平台在数据科学训练营的学习. DataCamp is an interactive learning platform for data science. Their partnership provides our Data Science students access to their content in R, Python, and SQL on importing data, data visualization, machine learning, deep learning & more.
There are two tuition plans: Standard Tuition or Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition. 来自人数不足群体的学生也可获得数量有限的助学金和奖学金.
Standard tuition for the Data Science Bootcamp is $12,500.
We request a $5,000 deposit on acceptance of our offer of admission. The balance is due at enrollment on the first day of class. 您也可以选择通过批准的支付计划在9个月的项目期间支付余额, as discussed below. See below for other financing and payment options.
Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition
NSS纳什维尔技术机会学费允许你推迟你的大部分培训成本，直到你毕业和去工作. You will pay us $2,000 as a tuition deposit on acceptance to the program and then nothing more until after graduation.
This program is a mutual risk-sharing program between NSS and the Student. NSS通过奖学金和将学生的学费余额推迟到学生的时候来投资学生 a) graduates and b) becomes employed as a developer. Until those conditions are met, the student does not owe NSS the tuition balance.
Once you go to work using the skills you learned at NSS, we'll work out a payment plan for you to reimburse NSS. 亚游平台也有有限数量的合作公司愿意偿还你的部分或全部学费.
- Initial tuition deposit of $2,000, due on acceptance of our offer of admission
- $2,500 scholarship
- $8,000 tuition balance to be repaid on employment as outlined above
Selection criteria for the Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition includes:
- Limited to students that are committed to staying in Middle Tennessee post-graduation
- Priority is also given to individuals from groups that are underrepresented in tech careers (e.g. women, Veterans, Black individuals, etc.)
We have available a limited number of scholarships between $2,000 and $5,2万美元，适用于经济背景不利、或来自科技行业代表性不足的群体的高潜力学生.
If you are paying for regular tuition out-of-pocket, there are three payment options:
- Pay the full tuition before the first day of class and receive a $500 discount. (Scholarship and student loan recipients are not eligible for the discount for early payment.)
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance and then 50% of the unpaid tuition balance on the first day of class. The remaining unpaid tuition will be due halfway through the course.
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance. 在9个月的训练营的第一天，每个月的第一天，将未付的学费余额分成9个月等额支付.
To provide additional financing options and support for our students, 亚游平台与Ascent Funding和Climb Credit合作，这两家公司都专门为训练营学生提供贷款，而且只与国内最著名的代码学校合作.
- Deposit due to NSS: $2,500
- Maximum amount you can borrow: $10,000
We encourage you to consider both options and choose the one right for you. Both are free to apply!
Ascent offers simple, straightforward loans and student-friendly payment options. Ascent offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval). To learn more and apply, click here.
Climb Credit provides simple, fast, and affordable loans to help you meet your career and financial goals. Climb Credit offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval). To learn more and apply, click here.